It’s Official – the Total Life Challenge 2.0 starts today! For those that are starting it, good luck!! For those that decided not to do it, what’s the reason??
I wanted to take a few minutes to highlight some things about the Challenge and give you guys a few tips for success:
1. Favorite this page – it gives out all the rules about how to maximize your point total.
2. Your daily score must be reported by 3pm of the next day. For example, todays points (Monday 1/6) must be submitted by 3PM on Tuesday 1/7. You can email me, post it to our FB page, post to the bottom of these daily posts, or text me (# on website). Telling me in person and/or writing it on the board at the box DOES NOT COUNT.
3. Baseline WOD – in addition to your point total at the end of the Challenge, you will also be ranked on your improvement in todays WOD. So you better be here. Can’t make it in today? You have until Wednesday (1/8) to do it!
4. Plan Ahead – this is the most important tip with regards to your nutrition. If you fail to plan ahead what you are going to eat, you will resort to something less than desirable.
5. Honor System – be honest with yourself about how many points you are getting. If it sounds sketchy, it’s probably sketchy, so don’t count it. When in doubt, ask.
6. Score Update: at least once a week, I will send out a spreadsheet with all your scores so you can see how you’re doing. This is also a chance to make sure that your points are being recorded by ME! So take it seriously.
7. A few times a week I will post some good articles relating to nutrition. These are just ‘for your information.’ Here is the first one, properly entitled “Paleo is EXPENSIVE!!!” Hint: No, it’s not.
8. We will post a full day of Paleo eating once a week, or more, just to give you guys some more ideas on what you can eat.
9. Resources: go here. There are a TON of sites you can check out for ideas on what to eat. Just be sure they abide by our rules!
And without further ado, here is the TLC 2.0 baseline workout:
Take 15min to find your 1RM Clean and Jerk
10min AMRAP –
5 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75)
15 Box Jumps