I cannot believe we’re only two weeks away from completing the Total Life Challenge!! The more stories that I hear from you guys, the more I am amazed at the progress you’ve made and the adversity you’ve overcome. Stay strong and continue to establish good, long-lasting habits.
***Week 5 Challenge***
We’re so used to counting on things that we need being available. And we’re fortunate that we live in a world where we can get just about anything we need at almost any time of the day or night. One of the biggest challenges inside of that level of convenience is making sure you know you can take care of yourself whenever you need to.
Among the many valuable things that you can take away from this challenge is confidence in the kitchen. Many of us don’t grow up being taught to cook. Heck, a lot of us don’t grow up being taught to eat! Being able to move freely in the kitchen is one of the most empowering skills you can possess. Knowing that you can walk in and make food happen is both fun and fulfilling. Preparing your own food means that you get to say what goes in, 100 percent. No questions, no substitutions. Your body, your choice.
Think of it as a large measure of power over your commitment. If you can create an environment where no matter the situation — on the road, at a social gathering, home alone late at night — you don’t have to wonder how to take an action that fulfills your commitment, you are a mighty step closer simply to inhabiting your commitment as a lifestyle rather than working at it as a struggle.
Your weekly challenge for Week 5 is to brown bag it every day next week.
What does that mean?
- You may pack food that you made at home OR you may visit a grocery store salad bar, but YOU must put your lunch together, whether you work at an office or from home
- Every meal that you eat must be prepared at home or put together by you at a grocery store salad bar.
- You do not have to prepare all of the food yourself. If your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc. cooks for you, that’s OK. Share the experience with them, get your hands foody.
- No take-out, no delivery!
- All the rules apply to breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are being social, dine in over a home-cooked meal with friends and then go out for something fun!
- This does not mean that you can’t take a business lunch or dinner! To complete this challenge, you must be responsible for preparing your food. Our suggestion is to eat something ahead and order a salad or appetizer to nibble on during the meeting. You can eat at a restaurant, it just can’t be a primary meal.
- Share your experiences, tips, tricks, and strategies for success in the comments below or our FB Page!
- Suggested practice: Cook a big batch of food on Sunday so that you have food available all week long.
- Suggested practice: Cook for one more person when you make dinner at night and take the leftovers for lunch
Brown bag it every day next week and earn 3 bonus points! This is Monday-Saturday!!
15min to 1RM Split Jerk
3 Rounds f/ total reps –
1min ME HSPU
1min ME Front Squats (135/95)
1min ME Pull-Ups
*Rest 1min between Rounds