Sorry for the delay gang, but here we go:
– Denise and Laurice celebrated their birthdays with us.
– Laurice said her b-day highlight was the WOD
– Mark dispatched another weakness this week by figuring out his kipping pull-ups…he’s hoping to give “Helen” a momentous beating next time they meet
– Zack knocked out C2B pull-ups with little effort
– But Eric Fuller finished first in the heavy deadlift WOD from Monday
– The ladies better watch out because many records are falling once Shannon has her little one and is not held back
– Georgia made her triumphant return and couldn’t be happier
– And she is looking GOOD!
– Heather learned to cycle her C&J more efficiently…I mean, faster. “Grace” anyone??
– Everybody loves Tabata workouts…until they realize they are doing 8 rounds of EACH exercise
– Erika conquered double unders AND a free-standing handstand
– Mikey warmed up for the RDL’s as follows: 135, 225, 315…ok coach, I’m ready for my “working sets” now
– I program split jumps just to watch everyone look silly…my favorite style is the Cross-Country skier
– Sarah R. and Erika were the only ones to get more than 10 swings on the tabata WOD…that means they did a minimum of 96 swings
– Jodi hit a 10RM back squat that was 10lb higher than her previous 5RM…can anyone say major strength gains?!
– Many people had a “come to Jesus” meeting with the 10RM back squats…I think Kelly was on the verge of tears
– Tabrez too…
– Nobody likes those anymore
– Zack made 275×10 look fairly easy – I told him he better shoot for 300 next time, he didn’t like that
– Saturday @ 9am turned into a spontaneous team WOD – props to Jay for changing that up on the fly
– Jay, I promise I don’t intentionally stick you with classes that are WAY bigger than what we expect or plan for; well, at least I don’t consciously do that!
– Claudia was happy to see a run on Friday
– A few people chose burpees over a run on Friday…how many people would make that choice??
– And most already know that I am one of the ones who would gladly choose burpees
– Saturday @ 10am was our Olympic Lifting Workshop…simply an amazing time see the light go off for so many people when they felt good positioning and speed for the first time!