So, today is Friday and I thought it’d be a good time to lay out a few menu items that you all could try out over the weekend. Speaking of the weekend, THIS is the time (for all TLC 2.0 participants) that you should be prepping your meals heading into the new week. A big day of shopping, chopping, cutting, and cleaning goes a long way toward making your meals that much easier as Monday-Friday looms overhead. With that, I’d like you all to check out how some fellow CrossFitters prep their meals (pay no attention to the zone block references):
Here are all the FREE videos: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
As you can see, it’s not rocket science to eat good, whole food. And oh yea, that food is enough to fuel those two – one of which was a top-3 finisher at the CrossFit Games!
So, above are two easy recipes (chicken salad and chili) that you can make at home for lunch and dinner. I’d like to contribute one of my new personal favorites for breakfast. You need two ingredients: sweet potatoes and bacon. Come on now, you had to see that coming!
1. Peel and then boil sweet potatoes (5-6 of them) to soften up a bit
2. Chop into bite size pieces
3. Cut bacon (using your favorite pair of household scissors, ha) into bite size pieces
4. Combine above ingredients into glass baking dish
5. Bake at 425 for about 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough
6. Broil on high for about 5min to get bacon crispy…just don’t burn it!
7. Voila –
Snatch Balance – 15min to heavy triple
T-Spine LAX Ball
12min AMRAP –
8 Ring Dips
10 Front Squats (115/75)
Run 1 Lap