We are delivering our fitness and nutrition coaching online to stop the spread of COVID-19. Learn More
2015 Open Starts This Week!
For those that won’t open their emails for another 4 months, here is what it said:
So for those that didn’t know, or forgot, the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Open starts this week. I wanted to give you all a schedule as to what to expect each week for the next 5 weeks.
But before I do that, if you have not yet registered, please go here (games.crossfit.com) and do so. We’ve already written several times on why it is such a fantastic event to be a part of, but there is no reason more than this: its a phenomenal opportunity to cheer on your fellow CFG athletes as we push each other to levels we didn’t know that we have within ourselves. In short, its about community, plain and simple. Come and be a part of it. You won’t regret it!
Now, the schedule for each week will go as follows:
1. CrossFit HQ releases the Open workouts on Thursday evenings at 8pm. For what it’s worth, I have zero control, nor do I have any knowledge of, what these workouts will be. Suffice to say that you guys are fully prepared for anything.
2. We will have a pseudo “watch party” at the conclusion of the 7pm class each Thursday evening for those that care to watch the live announcement. Its tradition.
3. The Open workout will be programmed for the gym every Friday. This is your first option for getting it done.
4. The “Main Event” will be each Saturday, from 9am until the last person is finished. If at all possible, this is the day to come and do it. The energy surrounding every single rep cannot be overstated – it’s unbelievable.
5. On the following Monday, the gym programming will be back to normal however if you were unable to get the Open workout in on either Friday or Saturday (or you want to redo it), Monday is that day.
6. For those that are participating and logging their scores on the Games website, your workout will be judged for accuracy. This means someone (one of your peers) will be judging you based upon the standards that HQ sets. We will review this prior to each class on Friday. On past Fridays, we divide the class into two groups and they judge each other. Expect the same this year.
7. Saturday is a different beast altogether. Athlete “briefing” will commence promptly at 9am each Saturday morning. If you’re late, be prepared to do double the amount of regular burpees. We will go over the standards of each movement, what counts as a good rep, what to look for in bad reps, and workout strategy. We will be dividing people up into heats (which you will be able to sign up for on Friday) and they will start at approximately 9:45am.
8. The same rules for judging apply – you all will be judging each other. Start practicing your call of “NO REP” now!!
As this week progresses, we will talk a bit more about what to expect on “game day,” how to set yourself up for success as the day nears, and how to be prepared on whenever you choose to do the workout.
I cannot even begin to describe the amount of excitement I have about the next 5 weeks. It’s going to be epic. Yes, I just used the word epic. Let me have that.
Got questions? Ask a coach or someone who has previously participated in the Open.
15min to 3RM Front Squat
PVC Shoulder External Rotation
4 RFT –
30 Double Unders
15 Wall Balls (20/14)
7 Hang Power Snatches (95/65)